BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
8669 W Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89117-5860
Phone: 702/256-3766 | Fax: 702/256-3763 | 59 Rooms | Online Reservations
Tucked away in West Las Vegas near Summerlin, this getaway of a Las Vegas hotel has everything you need to make your stay in Sin City sublime.
Located off the strip and away from the crowds of tourists, you'll get to experience this gorgeous region the right way. Take advantage of a luscious indoor pool and free Wi-Fi. Traveling with the entire family? Fur babies are more than welcome here so there's no reason to leave Fido at home. Near the Red Rock canyons, this family-friendly escape provides the right touch of charm and elegance that's missing from one of the world's top hot spots.
A slew of attractions are just a short drive away. Check out the famous strip, enjoy hiking and bicycling, or spend a day at the golf parks. Plenty of sporting events are happening year round and nothing beats an afternoon catching a game. A major sports complex is nearby, so every day is perfect for a little peanuts and cracker jacks. Business travelers can also easily access nearby corporate offices.
This might be a gastro Mecca, but leave breakfast to us. Complimentary daily fare includes a hot spread of eggs, waffles, delicious fruits, pastries, and gourmet coffee. Free parking is a staple and a rarity in this top destination spot. Your clean, quiet room is a welcome reprieve from the hustle and bustle and comes complete with a refrigerator, microwave, and 32-inch flat screen TV at this Las Vegas hotel. No VIP ever had it so good.
Getting hitched is a classic here, so if you're in town for a wedding, don't worry about breaking the bank. After all, you need to keep your play money for the casinos. Easy access to the most alluring sites, world-class restaurants, and breathtaking natural beauty is what you deserve on your next trip to a Las Vegas hotel.
Book your reservation right now at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West for a guaranteed winning hand! Enjoy your stay.
Hotel Amenities & Services
- Wireless internet connection in public areas
- Exercise facilities
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary breakfast
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of Breads, Pastries, Cereal, Fruit, Scrambled eggs or omelets, Sausage or bacon, Hash browns, Cinnamon rolls, Waffles, Yogurt, Juice and Coffee.
- Indoor pool Heated Open 24 Hours
- Hot tub Open 24 Hours
- Exercise facility, Open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Rowing machine
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Inter corridor
- 24-hour front desk
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Laundromat, 24 hours
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Late check out By request only. Fees may apply
- Safe deposit box, at the front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, contact the front desk
- Convenience store/Sundry Limited Sundry Items available at the front desk.
- Hearing impaired services we have TDD phones
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines, every floor
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Truck/RV parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus las vegas west in Las Vegas.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Conveniently located, the best western plus las vegas west in Las Vegas, Nevada is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.142225 / Latitude: -115.280835
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: McCarran International Airport. Take Interstate 215 W to Exit 25 for Sahara Ave. East, continue East and cross Lake Sahara Drive, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West is on your right.
From: California. From Interstate 15 N to Exit 34 take I-215 W, take Exit 25 for Sahara Ave. East, continue East and cross Lake Sahara Drive, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West is on your right.
From: Arizona. From Interstate 95 N to Exit 81A merge onto Summerlin Parkway, turn left at N Durango Drive, turn right at Sahara, make a first left entering toward BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West.
From: North. From Interstate 95 S to Exit 81 for Summerlin/Rainbow, turn left at N Durango Drive, turn right at Sahara, make a first left entering toward BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
Dancing Water at Bellagio Fountains
An iconic, must-see spectacle, the Bellagio Fountains are located on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas.
Set in the center of an nine-acre pool, the fountains shoot water up to 500 feet in the air alongside synchronized music every 30 minutes to enjoyment of onlookers.
Owned and operated by Bellagio LLC, the fountains have become part of the quintessential Las Vegas experience.
"Ocean's Thirteen", "the Hangover," and "21" are just a few of the Hollywood films to feature the breathtaking dance of the Bellagio Fountains.
Found along historic Las Vegas Boulevard, the DISCOVERY Children's Museum provides educational, hands-on experience for kids and families. The Las Vegas museum has more than 23,000-square-feet of exhibit space showcasing nine on-going exhibits like Fantasy Festival and Solve It! Ancient City.
The Science Education Programs, Early Childhood Programs, and Art Education Programs are additional educational options for the community. The museum features over 100 permanent exhibits including Growing Up With The Berenstain Bears, the Green Village, and Desert Discovery.
Named after former state senator Floyd Lamb, the Floyd Lamb State Park at Tule Springs is a treasured oasis in the Las Vegas Mojave Desert. The park's four lakes – Tule Springs Lake, Mulberry Lake, Cottonwood Lake, and Desert Willow Lake – are stocked with fish and great for those ready to drop in a line.
Other must sees within the park include the Tule Springs Archaeological Site, listed on the National Register of Historic Places. Sight-seeing is highly regarded at the park – look out for the Tule Springs Historic House and Ranch House found along Tule Springs Road.
Hoover Dam & Hoover Dam Bypass
Finished in 1936, the Hoover Dam is found along the border of Arizona and Nevada in the Black Canyon of the Colorado River – just short drive southeast of Las Vegas.
The dam was dedicated by President Roosevelt in 1935, after five year of construction by thousands of workers, in honor of President Hoover.
Lake Mead is impounded by the dam, which provides hydroelectric power for Nevada, California, and Arizona.
The Hoover Dam Bypass, sitting 840 feet above the Colorado River, is a must-see bridge, connecting travelers from the Las Vegas area crossing into Arizona.
Lake Mead National Recreation Area
Nanaged by the National Park Service since 1964, Lake Mead National Recreation Area encompasses over 20,000 acres just east of the Las Vegas metro area.
The area's two beautiful lakes, Lake Mead and Lake Mohave, are popular havens for boaters, fishermen and swimmers.
Hiking and mountain biking are also popular activities, given the presence of the Mojave Desert, the Sonoran Desert, and the Great Basin Desert surrounding the lake.
The Hoover Dam, one of the "Top 10 Construction Achievements in the 20th century" is also included in the Lake Mead National Recreation Area.
McCarran International Airport
LAS is owned by Clark County and is operated by the Clark County Department of Transportation.
With four runways, LAS was a hub for Great Lakes Airines and is currently a focus city Allegiant Air and Southwest Airlines.
McCarran International Airport also schedules flights by major airlines like American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines.
Located in the heart of Las Vegas, the National Atomic Testing Museum displays the history of the Nevada Test Site active from 1951 to present time. Stroll through the exhibits to see a Geiger counter, and better yet, step into the Ground Zero Theater to watch a simulation of an atmospheric nuclear test.
Other must-sees include the Area 51 - Myth or Reality exhibit, as well as Development of the Bomb and Atomic Culture exhibits. The museum is a Smithsonian Affiliate, and others plenty of educational events native to the Las Vegas metro area.
Old Fort Las Vegas
Built in 1855, the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park houses the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort – home to the Vegas area's first non-native settlers – the Mormon Missionaries.
View the last remaining wall from the historic adobe fort, a re-creation of the Las Vegas Creek and the reconstructed full-size fort, while walking through the park.
Take time to read the interpretive displays in the fort and visit the Visitor Center to see historic artifacts and exhibits.
The park is conveniently located in downtown Las Vegas, close to many area attractions, shopping, restaurants and casinos.
Red Rock Canyon
Conveniently located 18 miles west of Las Vegas, the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area encompasses 197,000 acres of desert land.
The large red sandstone rock formations and wall of rock, known as the Keystone Thrust, are the park's prominent features.
Enjoy traveling along the 13-mile loop road to view the beautiful features native to the Mojave Desert surrounding the Las Vegas metro area.
The conservation area is home to variety of outdoor recreation and sight-seeing, and is even adjacent to Spring Mountain Ranch State Park and the Village of Blue Diamond.
Mt. Charleston Peak
Found just 15 miles west of Las Vegas, Spring Mountain Ranch State Park is a historic once-working ranch in the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area.
The 520-acre ranch, sits below the beautiful cliffs of the Wilson Range.
Las Vegas visitors are encouraged to tour the ranch, the Wilson Cemetery, the Board and Batten bunkhouse, the Hay and Horse Barn/Corral and the Sandstone Cabin.
Also enjoy one of the ranch's living history programs with re-enactments and demonstrations of pioneering skills, as well as the breath-taking views of Sandstone Canyon .
More Area Attractions & Services
- 7.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Boulevard (Strip)
- 10.3 mile(s) from UNLV, Thomas & Mack Center Sporting Arena
- 11.5 mile(s) from Fremont Street, second most famous street in the Las Vegas metropolitan area after the Las Vegas Strip
- 17.5 mile(s) from Nellis Air Force Base, United States Air Force Base
- 21.0 mile(s) from Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- 23.0 mile(s) from Red Rock Canyon, Beautiful hiking, biking and recreational area.
- 35.3 mile(s) from Lake Mead
- 40.0 mile(s) from Hoover Dam, Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- 0.20 mile(s) from Smith's, grocery store
- 1.00 mile(s) from Village Square, retail stores, restaurants, movie theater
- 1.70 mile(s) from Boca Park, retail stores, restaurants
- 3.8 mile(s) from Downtown Summerlin, Fashion, Dining, Entertainment
- 7.30 mile(s) from Fashion Show Mall, upscale dinning, shopping, entertainment
- 12.00 mile(s) from Town Square Mall, shopping, dinning, entertaiment center, movie theater
- 0.90 mile(s) from Starbucks, coffee shop
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- 1.60 mile(s) from Red Rock Climbing Center, Nevada's premier indoor rock climbing center
- 7.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Strip, Famous street featuring exciting casinos, hotels, shopping and restaurants.
- 9.90 mile(s) from Thomas & Mack Center, sporting and entertaiment facility. Home to college sports, dirt bike racing, concerts, etc.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Red Rock Canyon, Site for hiking, biking, climbing and enjoy nature.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Site of Nascar racing and other racing events.
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Summerlin, NV hotel.
- Adjacent to Outback Steakhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner,
- Across the street from Charlie's Lakeside, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Lucio Restorante, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Bambino's Pizzeria, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Las Vegas. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
2015 First Friday Art Celebration
On the first Friday of each month, the Art Factory showcases the dazzling works from over 100 artists spread throughout the downtown Las Vegas Arts District – with plenty of food, drinks, and shops on hand as well. Event time is 6 p.m.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean