BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
8669 W Sahara Avenue, Las Vegas, NV 89117-5860
Phone: 702/256-3766 | Fax: 702/256-3763 | 59 Rooms
Check Out Time: 11:00 AM | Check In: 3:00 PM | Online Reservations
Tucked away in West Las Vegas near Summerlin, this getaway of a Las Vegas hotel has everything you need to make your stay in Sin City sublime.
Located off the strip and away from the crowds of tourists, you'll get to experience this gorgeous region the right way. Take advantage of a luscious indoor pool and free Wi-Fi. Traveling with the entire family? Fur babies are more than welcome here so there's no reason to leave Fido at home. Near the Red Rock canyons, this family-friendly escape provides the right touch of charm and elegance that's missing from one of the world's top hot spots.
A slew of attractions are just a short drive away. Check out the famous strip, enjoy hiking and bicycling, or spend a day at the golf parks. Plenty of sporting events are happening year round and nothing beats an afternoon catching a game. A major sports complex is nearby, so every day is perfect for a little peanuts and cracker jacks. Business travelers can easily access nearby Citigroup, KZ Event Productions, Trek Bicycle, Seven Feathers® Soccer Corp., Integrated Health Management Services and more.
This might be a gastro Mecca, but leave breakfast to us. Complimentary daily fare includes a hot spread of eggs, waffles, delicious fruits, pastries, and gourmet coffee. Free parking is a staple and a rarity in this top destination spot. Your clean, quiet room is a welcome reprieve from the hustle and bustle and comes complete with a refrigerator, microwave, and 32-inch flat screen TV at this Las Vegas hotel. No VIP ever had it so good.
Getting hitched is a classic here, so if you're in town for a wedding, don't worry about breaking the bank. After all, you need to keep your play money for the casinos. Easy access to the most alluring sites, world-class restaurants, and breathtaking natural beauty is what you deserve on your next trip to a Las Vegas hotel.
Book your reservation right now at BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West for a guaranteed winning hand!
Hotel Amenities & Services
- 100% smoke free hotel
- Complimentary full breakfast, choice of breads, cereal, fruit, hot eggs, hot breakfast meat, other hot items, yogurt, juice and coffee.
- Indoor pool
- Exercise facility, Open from 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Weight lifting equipment
- Universal gym
- Rowing machine
- Stair stepper
- Stationary bike
- Interior corridors
- 24-hour front desk
- Concierge, touch-it self concierge services
- Multilingual staff, (English, Spanish)
- Laundromat, open 6:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Dry cleaning, same day service available
- Express check in
- Express check out
- Safe deposit box, at the front desk
- Cable or satellite television
- Free wireless Internet access available in public areas and all guest rooms
- Business center
- Printer available
- Fax services
- Fax machine
- Computer available
- Photocopy, nominal fee
- Photocopy machine
- Mail services, contact the front desk
- Hearing impaired services we have TDD phones
- Parking for the physically challenged
- Ice/vending machines, every floor
- Free parking
- Outdoor parking
- Higher rates may apply for holidays/special events
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Take advantage of the savings and fun with this special offer available at the best western plus las vegas west in Las Vegas.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Conveniently located, the best western plus las vegas west in Las Vegas, Nevada is shown on the map. Detailed driving directions from popular points or nearby cities are listed below. For those with GPS, here you go:
Longitude: 36.142225 / Latitude: -115.280835
Driving Directions to Hotel
From: McCarran International Airport. Take Interstate 215 W to Exit 21 for Flamingo East, turn left onto Fort Apache, right on Sahara, cross Lake Sahara Drive, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West is on your left.
From: California. From Interstate 15 N to Exit 34 take I-215 W, take Exit 21 for Flamingo East, turn left onto Fort Apache, right on Sahara, cross Lake Sahara Drive, the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West is on your left.
From: Arizona. From Interstate 95 N to Exit 81A merge onto Summerlin Parkway, turn left at N Durango Drive, turn right at Sahara, and make a U-turn at Canyon Gate Drive toward the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West.
From: North. From Interstate 95 S to Exit 81 for Summerlin/Rainbow, turn left at N Durango Drive, turn right at Sahara and make a U-turn at Canyon Gate Drive toward the BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West.
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
We care about the quality of your stay with us. Below are nearby attractions, shopping and restaurants that are popular with our guests. Listed locations are nearby with approximate distance listed where available.
Most Popular Area Attractions
The Atomic Testing Museum, in Las Vegas, displays the history of the Nevada Test Site's nuclear testing, from 1951 to present time. Stroll through the exhibits to see a Geiger counter, radiation testing devices, equipment used during testing and other memorabilia relating to the atomic age. Step into the Ground Zero Theater to watch a simulation of an atmospheric nuclear test.
While in the area, enjoy strolling through the Las Vegas Natural History Museum or the Marjorie Barrick Museum of Natural History. Excellent lodging choices in Las Vegas are easy to find with Best Western. Guests are assured comfortable accommodations and superior guest amenities and services. Enjoy your time in the "Entertainment Capital of the World".
Dancing Water at Bellagio Fountains
An iconic, must-see spectacle, the Bellagio Fountains are located on the world-famous Las Vegas Strip in Las Vegas, Nevada. Set in the center of an nine-acre pool, the fountains shoot water up to 500 feet in the air alongside synchronized music every 30 minutes as Strip pedestrians look on.
Owned and operated by Bellagio LLC, the fountains have become part of the quintessential Las Vegas experience. Ocean's Thirteen, The Hangover, What Happens in Vegas, and 21 are just a few of the Hollywood films to feature the breathtaking dance of the Bellagio Fountains.
The Lied Discovery Children’s Museum provides a fun, educational, hands-on experience for kids and families. This Las Vegas museum has had more than two million visitors since it opened in 1990. More than 23,000-square-feet of exhibit space allows kids and adults to learn about science, culture, art and early childhood development.
The Science Education Programs, Early Childhood Programs, and Art Education Programs are additional educational options for the community. The museum features over 100 permanent exhibits including the "Growing Up With The Berenstain Bears", "The Green Village", and "Desert Discovery." Have fun discovering Las Vegas.
The Floyd Lamb State Park at Tule Springs named after former state senator Floyd Lamb, is a treasured oasis in the Las Vegas Mojave Desert. The park's four lakes - Tule Springs Lake, Mulberry Lake, Cottonwood Lake and Desert Willow Lake - are stocked with fish and great for those ready to drop in a line. Be sure to check out the Tule Springs Archaeological Site, listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
Another fun idea for the whole family, is an afternoon at the Southern Nevada Zoological Botanical Park After a day of fun outside, rest and relax at one of the several Las Vegas area Best Western hotels. Comfortable accommodations and superb guest services await.
The Las Vegas Art Museum, was the first fine art museum in the state, housing a wonderful variety of contemporary art. The museum was located in the Sahara West Library building, in the heart of Las Vegas. The museum also offered educational programs, outreach programs and lectures.
The museum closed in 2009, due to lack of donations. The museum intends to re-open in the near future. While in Las Vegas stay at one of several Best Western hotels, where you know you'll receive the best quality accommodations and guest services.
Ranked 8th in the world for number of aircraft movements, The McCarran International Airport (LAS) is the principal commercial airport serving Las Vegas and Clark County in Southern Nevada. LAS is owned by Clark County and is operated by the Clark County Department of Transportation.
With four runways, LAS was a hub for Great Lakes Airines and is currently a focus city Allegiant Air and Southwest Airlines. McCarran International Airport also schedules flights by major airlines like American Airlines, British Airways, Delta Air Lines and United Airlines.
The Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort State Historic Park is the site of the Old Las Vegas Mormon Fort, built in 1855, by the area's first non-native settlers - the Mormon Missionaries. View the last remaining wall from the historic adobe fort, a re-creation of the Las Vegas Creek and the reconstructed full-size fort, while walking through the park. Take time to read the interpretive displays in the fort and visit the Visitor Center to see historic artifacts and exhibits.
The park is located in downtown Las Vegas, close to many area attractions, shopping, restaurants and casinos. While visiting this exciting city, choose one of several Best Western hotels, to enjoy comfortable accommodations, guest amenities and services. Enjoy your time in Las Vegas.
The Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, located 18 miles west of Las Vegas, encompasses 197,000 acres of desert land. Lace up your hiking boots and bring along plenty of water for exploring the park's miles of trails. The large red sandstone rock formations and wall of rock, known as the Keystone Thrust, are the park's prominent features.
Enjoy traveling along the 13 mile loop road to view the beautiful features. Bring along your bicycle for a nice, moderate ride or pack your climbing gear to climb the rock faces and cliffs. After a day of outdoor fun, get a good night's rest at one the Las Vegas Best Western hotels. Rest and rejuvenate with Best Western.
Spring Mountain Ranch State Park is a historic once-working ranch, in the Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area, 15 miles west of Las Vegas. The 520-acre ranch, sits below the beautiful cliffs of the Wilson Range. The ranch was a retreat for many owners throughout the years, including millionaire Howard Hughes and German actress Vera Krupp.
Tour the ranch, the Wilson Cemetery, the Board and Batten bunkhouse, the Hay and Horse Barn/Corral and the Sandstone Cabin. Also enjoy one of the ranch's living history programs with re-enactments and demonstrations of pioneering skills. Stay in comfort at one of the several Las Vegas Best Western hotels, to enjoy excellent customer service and amenities.
More Area Attractions & Services
- 7.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Boulevard (Strip)
- 10.3 mile(s) from UNLV, Thomas & Mack Center Sporting Arena
- 11.5 mile(s) from Fremont Street, second most famous street in the Las Vegas metropolitan area after the Las Vegas Strip
- 17.5 mile(s) from Nellis Air Force Base, United States Air Force Base
- 21.0 mile(s) from Las Vegas Motor Speedway
- 23.0 mile(s) from Red Rock Canyon, Beautiful hiking, biking and recreational area.
- 35.3 mile(s) from Lake Mead
- 40.0 mile(s) from Hoover Dam, Lake Mead National Recreation Area
- 1.00 mile(s) from Village Square, retail stores, restaurants, movie theater
- 1.70 mile(s) from Boca Park, retail stores, restaurants
- 7.30 mile(s) from Fashion Show Mall, upscale dinning, shopping, entertaiment
- 12.00 mile(s) from Town Square Mall, shopping, dinning, entertaiment center, movie theater
- 0.20 mile(s) from Smith's, grocery store
- 0.90 mile(s) from Starbucks, coffee shop
Distances to Popular Points of Interest
- 12.80 mile(s) from North Las Vegas
- 25.50 mile(s) from Henderson
- 55.30 mile(s) from Pahrump
- 90.10 mile(s) from Mesquite
- 0.25 mile(s) from Citi Group, Citibank and Citi Group process center
- 0.25 mile(s) from Canyon Gate Country Club, golf course
- 3.00 mile(s) from HSBC, Credit card and bank processing center
- 3.00 mile(s) from NV Energy, power company
- 3.00 mile(s) from Kellogg Soccer, large lighted soccer fields, picnic area and dog park
- 4.00 mile(s) from AT&T, call center
- 4.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Dental Institute, dental training
- 4.00 mile(s) from Summerlin Hospital
- 4.00 mile(s) from Betty Wilson Soccer, large lighted soccer complex
- 4.00 mile(s) from Expedia, Call center
- 4.00 mile(s) from TPC at Summerlin, TPC golf course
- 4.00 mile(s) from Williams Sonoma, Call Center
- 5.00 mile(s) from NV Cancer Institute, Research center
- 3.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Dental Institute
- 4.10 mile(s) from University of Phoenix
- 4.70 mile(s) from Community College of Southern Nevada
- 10.00 mile(s) from University of Nevada Las Vegas
Local Area Recreation Opportunities
- Indoor pool
- 1.60 mile(s) from Red Rock Climbing Center, Nevada's premier indoor rock climbing center
- 7.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Strip, Famous street featuring exciting casinos, hotels, shopping and restaurants.
- 9.90 mile(s) from Thomas & Mack Center, sporting and entertaiment facility. Home to college sports, dirt bike racing, concerts, etc.
- 10.00 mile(s) from Red Rock Canyon, Site for hiking, biking, climbing and enjoy nature.
- 21.00 mile(s) from Las Vegas Motor Speedway, Site of Nascar racing and other racing events.
- Choose from a wide selection of restaurants near this Summerlin, NV hotel.
- Adjacent to Outback Steakhouse, full service, American, open for: dinner,
- Across the street from Charlie's Lakeside, full service, American, open for: breakfast, lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Lucio Restorante, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
- Across the street from Bambino's Pizzeria, full service, Italian, open for: lunch, dinner,
BEST WESTERN PLUS Las Vegas West
Enjoy your stay with us even more by checking out some of the most popular area points of interest and local area events happening in or near Las Vegas. Chase the links to explore the local region even more.
Local Events Worth Considering:
V – The Ultimate Variety Show
Packing everything from dazzling gymnastics to rousing comedy, this variety show truly makes a special effort to have something for everyone. Nightly performances begin at 7 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. at the V Theater on the Las Vegas Strip.
Evil Dead The Musical
The original campy horror film comes to life in a 4-D experience at the V Theater on the Las Vegas Strip. Show times vary every Friday and Saturday night.
Alberta | British Columbia | Manitoba | New Brunswick | Nova Scotia | Ontario | Prince Edward Island | Quebec | Saskatchewan | Yukon | Caribbean